蜗牛慢吞吞
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

却没有面对真相的勇气。

But we lacked courage to face the truth.

看着老蜗牛已奄奄一息,

Seeing the old snail near her last gasp,

我虽然义愤填膺,

I was filled with righteous indignation,

却无能为力,

But I was powerless to help.

只恨我们慢得竟然躲不过小小的蚂蚁。

I could only rue our slowness that makes us prey even to ants.

这才知道,

Then I realized:

慢本身并不是过错,

Being slow is not wrong in itself;

错的是因为缓慢而滋生的懦弱性格。

What's wrong is the cowardice that slowness fosters in us.

我发誓要做一只坚强而勇敢的蜗牛,

I vowed to be a brave and steadfast snail;

绝不向强势低头。

Never would I lower my head before brute force.

刚下定决心,

No sooner had I made this resolution,

就遇到了险境。

Than I encountered a dire predicament.

只见一只怪物趴在我的面前,

I saw a monster squatting right in front of me.

张牙舞爪地露出挑衅的恶脸。

It struck a fighting pose and leered combatively.

我把头一昂,

I held my head high,

想先下手为强。

Intending to strike first and get the upper hand.

我冲上去和他扭打

I charged forward and grappled with him.